Write for Reel Rambler!
Do you love cinema? Are you an aspiring critic? Interested in getting your work published?
If you answered ‘Yes” to those questions, then you’ve come to the right place.
I started this blog because I wanted to share my opinion on the movies I was watching. Early on, I was told that one of the most important ways to get your movie reviews and your name out there was to write pieces for existing platforms. As great a thing as that could be, let’s face it: very few platforms even offer you that chance.
That is chiefly why I’m doing this. I believe in sharing spaces and helping people just like myself be seen — there’s room for everyone! So, if you’re an aspiring movie critic or you just have two cents to give about a specific film, there is room for you.
Step 1: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your work (read the guidelines below!).
Step 2: You will receive a confirmation email informing you that you submission has been received.
Step 3: You piece(s) will be evaluated.
Step 4: You will be notified of the decision within 2-3 working days of receiving the confirmation email.
Step 5: If necessary, the piece will be edited in collaboration with the writer.
Step 6: Your piece will be published (with credit).
- You can choose any film, from any decade, of any length, provided the film is an English-language production.
- Make sure the film you write about is not already reviewed on the website.
- You are only allowed to send up to two pieces (movie reviews or movie news).
- Make sure your reviews are 500-800 words long and titled to the format ‘Title’: slogan (see examples 1, 2, and 3). Movie news has to be a minimum of 300 words (title decided per case).
- You may submit a piece that’s more on the academic side (for example: a study of Femme Fatale in Black Swan). If accepted, it will be featured in the “Let’s Get Reel” section.
- Along with your piece(s), please send a short biography in the third person. The subject of the email should read: Write for Reel Rambler.
- Do NOT send in any media (pictures, videos, memes, GIFs, etc.) with your writing.
That’s about it. Send away! I’m excited to read your submissions.
Note: I hold the right to decide whether or not a submission is featured. If your piece is not accepted, it will not be featured on Reel Rambler at any point without your knowledge and you may submit it elsewhere. You will not be paid for your contribution as the website is not a profit-generating website.